Garrison History

Whitehill & Bordon has long been recognised as a Garrison town with an army presence for over 100 years.

Whitehill & Bordon is steeped in history, we need to recognise this and make references to past activities and local heroes.

The former Sergeants’ Mess and Sandhurst Block are featured in our plans and the Colonial style pavilion will be taken down and rebuilt in the same style as a new community space. The military cemetery remains on site.

The 1500 military personnel based at the Garrison left in 2015 and have been relocated to Lyneham in Wiltshire. There is still military presence in and around the town at Longmoor Camp, the satellite station at Oakhangar, and service families accommodation in Trenchard Park, St Lucia Park and the Essex Close area.

Images courtesy of Woolmer Forest Heritage Society

Monthly Newsletter

We are producing a series of regular newsletters to keep the community up-to-date with our exciting plans. Click below to receive your copy.

HERITAGE STRATEGY PUBLIC ART